1. Gmail
Gmail reserves the right to use my information in order to select which ads run on the side bars. Google may process the information in my messages for the following purposes: formatting and displaying information to me, delivering ads and related links, preventing spam, and backing up my messages. Google may also send me information related to my Gmail account and other services. When I delete my account, it is terminated. Complete deletion can take up to 60 days.
I am using the default settings. So I am giving Google the ability to use my information for a small number of reasons. I am also allowing Google to send me information based on the messages that Google has filtered.
2. Facebook
Facebook is extremely customizable. Facebook does has the right, much like Google, to use my information for other purposes and to “customize your experience”. They allow companies to reach their target audience by customizing the ads you see to fit the information in your profile. They do not, however, sell this information. They don’t necessarily let you delete your account, they deactivate it.
For my settings, I am not the most restrictive but I am not default. I am not searchable on Facebook, any friend request come from people who have a friend in common. Facebook does have the right to use my information without my consent.
3. Yahoo Mail
Yahoo collects information when you register, when you use certain services or when you enter promotions. They can also use information gathered from their business partners. Once you register with Yahoo and give them information, you aren’t anonymous with them anymore. When you use Yahoo services, you make some of your information public. They use this information for three general reasons: customize advertisements, fulfill requests for certain services promoted by Yahoo, and to contact you about specials.
I am using default settings, so Yahoo can use my information and they can customize ads as well as use my information for other products promoted by Yahoo.
4. Bank of America
BOA gives you the option to opt out of three privacy preferences. 1. Bank of America marketing offers 2. Sharing your information among Bank of America companies and 3. Sharing your information with third parties.
I am also using default settings so BOA has right to all three of those options.
5. Twitter
Twitter claims to use your information to provide their services and improve them. The information you use (like your name, username, email) are searchable. You have the option of making your information (like birthdate, hometown etc.) private. They also use your information to better your experience with ads and promotions.
I have the default settings on this site as well. So all of my information is public and Twitter has access to it for their services and experiences.
Best Men's Hairstyles For Oval Faces In
3 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment